LeftField 2 KASBAH Shoulder Pad + 15mm LWS/19mm Handle Kit
Designed for all day comfort, the KASBAH System provides a versatile support when operating on the shoulder or handheld.
Designed for the LeftField 2 15mm Universal Baseplate and ARRI standard dovetails for fast & secure transitions between tripod & shoulder operating.
- Variable density zones using KASBAH for optimal cushioning & pressure relief
- Open structure for air flow & allows for heat dissipation & evaporation of sweat
- Hand grip system for 15mm LWS & 19mm Studio configurations
- Upper flange encourages a relaxed grip and reduces tension
- 3/8″ Anti-twist & 1/4″ threads on Grip Arm for mounting accessories
- Milled rosettes offers positive engagement using ARRI standard for maximum compatibility
- Symmetrical design allows for use on left or right sides
- Glove-friendly knob for easy adjustments in fast paced settings
- Precision cut from high-grade aluminium & stainless steel
Designed for all day comfort, the KASBAH System conforms to the camera operator, providing optimal cushioning & pressure relief on the shoulder & hands.
The hand grip supports can be articulated into a wide range of positions to create various handheld looks and is configurable for 15mm LWS & 19mm Studio setups.
Next Level Comfort & Airflow
The shoulder pad & hand grip have been created using Digital Light Synthesis (DLS), a process pioneered by Carbon that uses oxygen-permeable optics & programmable liquid resins to form a unique matrix structure with an infinite number of density zones.
The open structure allows air to naturally flow through, evaporating sweat to keep the operator cool. Made for long days on set, operators will experience a new level of comfort & freedom to move. Extremely durable & sturdy, capable of being used in any extreme conditions, the pad is easy to clean with water and UV resistant
The included mounting bracket allows the pad to connect to the rear of the LeftField 15mm LWS baseplate, with the riser providing clearance when using an ARRI standard balance plate.
Faster Than Ever
The riser features a guided track to align the baseplate with an end stop that provides tactile feedback to the operator that the baseplate is on the riser. The safety wedge prevents the baseplate from sliding off accidentally.
Unlike VCT systems, the KASBAH System works on any ARRI standard dovetail removing any flex or play due to tolerances between the wedge & receiver plates. Going back to handheld operation is as simple as opening up the lever and lifting off the camera.
Alternatively, the LeftField baseplate or any other baseplate with an ARRI dovetail clamp can dock on top of the shoulder pad, making it compatible with third party manufacturers.
Battery Plates & Counterbalance
Attaching the rear 15mm bracket extends the mounting options even further. Supporting battery plates and other accessories which also serves as counter balance for larger camera builds.